July 21, 2011

Date night

Continuing on my mission to share way too much information about my love life, here's what I got up to last night:

Ethnicity: Chinese (Cantonese, not Mandarin, in case you were wondering... I wasn't)
Met her: Online
Height: ~5’7” in heels
Body: More substantial than expected
Boobs: More substantial than expected
Butt: Didn't bother to check
Date: Drinks, wine bar
Cost: $29, 1.5 hrs, and a bit of a hangover

Summary:
I wish I had another pair of hands... so I could give this date 4 thumbs down! I really don't know how to describe how disappointed I was. I don’t know exactly how it happened, but I must have badly misjudged this girl’s photos. I have no idea how I could have been this far off. Let’s just say, I made a huge mistake. Her face was not close to what I expected, and she kind of sounded retarded when she talked. No offense to the mentally disabled. This was definitely a situation where I wished I had developed Rule #6. As soon as I saw her, from about 20 ft away, I was counting the minutes before I could get out of there. I've never scarfed down a carafe of Pinot so quickly. I wanted out of there as soon as possible.

Bartender after my first drink order: Close it out, or leave it open?
Me: Close it out.

The good news: What else could I do? I made the best of it. As a bonus, there was a game on that I wanted to watch and had forgotten about. She pronounced Maryland as "Mary land"... so that was kind of funny... which I guess was somewhat entertaining. As a consolation, I have another date tomorrow that promises to be much better (It's a sure thing).

Verdict: On to the next one.