July 25, 2011

Date night

Date #2 with this one.

Date: Music festival/street fair

Cost: $48

Summary: She texted me a couple days after our first date and asked if I wanted to go to some food festival, but I said I was busy since it was a violation of both Rule #2a and Rule #4, and it wasn't clear whether she was expecting me to buy her a ticket. But alas, in the end, I ended up breaking both rules anyway.

I decided to ask her to a music/street festival I wanted to check out this weekend. Basically, it was free and I was going anyway, so I figured why not. I should have known better. And to be honest, I did. Again she showed up hungry and immediately wanted to get a sandwich, but we stopped at a grocery store on our walk to the festival and she paid for it herself. So again, no harm no foul, but still. Kind of annoying when you show up for a date and immediately have to do something else.

Result: It turned out exactly as expected: nothing. But I had a good time. We had several drinks and some food, but she paid for some stuff, so the cost wasn't as high as it could have been for a full afternoon of hanging out. We got some discounted drinks from her friend at a bar. Related side note: I need to figure out how to pull "the roommate switch" ala Seinfeld.

Verdict: I will not be contacting this one again.